Saturday, November 29, 2008

A world ago

We actually did exist before boy was born. I know it's hard to imagine (it is for ME), but I have evidence. 

What did we do, you ask? 

We took ski vacations.



We traveled to cool cities like Chicago.


We read books. That weren't written by Sandra Boynton or Dr. Seuss.


We got tan.


We took beach vacations.



We went to lots of weddings, and caught lots of bouquets (here we are at husband's brother and sister-in-law's wedding, and I'd just caught her flowers).


We went out to dinner.


We went out in nature, further away than our neighborhood.


We met celebrities. (Here I am with Dash Crofts, of Seals and Crofts.)


We went to grad school. (This is clearly on husband's graduation date and not mine.)


Then, when we learned a baby would be joining our family, ... we ate. And got kind of round. At least I did. But I was supposed to.


And we spent a lot of time touching The Belly.


We took artsy-fartsy photographs.



We slept. So we didn't have bags under our eyes.


And we were out in the world after 7 p.m. Here I am! And it's dark outside! Wow!


And as great as that life was, it doesn't hold a candle to this one.

No comments: