- That there was a frog or an alligator in the sewer system that would swim out and bite me on the tush.
- That any photograph of a person's face was watching me pee (I always had to turn the TV Guides over to lay on their covers).
- That there was a murderer hiding behind the shower curtain.
- That a face would suddenly appear in the darkened window, terrifying me as I showered at night.
- That there was a roach. Anywhere.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Trembling with more than the cold
Irrational fears I used to have, in connection with bathrooms: