Monday, March 09, 2009

Because inspiration is running thin ...

... here's a little something I saw on facebook, called "Me-ology."

Food-ology

What is your salad dressing of choice?
It changes, but I always get it (a la Sally in "When Harry Met Sally") on the side.

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
Whichever one I can get to for an uninterrupted dinner with my husband. We're fans of Mark's, which is housed in what used to be a church. It makes for a gorgeous dining experience with the woodwork and stained glass windows.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
CHOCOLATE. I'm pretty sure I do this now.

What do you like to put on your toast?
Peanut butter. Smooth, please -- crunchy will do in a pinch, but I prefer the toast to bring the crunch to my breakfast, not tiny shards of peanuts.

Technology

How many televisions are in your house?
Three, plus one in the garage. I'm serious. It's a very manly garage we have. When the world goes digital, though, that one won't work anymore.

What color is your cell phone?
Black. Then again, it's an iPhone, so the answer really should be, "What color do you want it to be?" Because it can do ANYTHING.

Biology

Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Righty.

Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Um, a human being. :) He's now 13 months old.

What is the last heavy item you lifted?
See above. He's well over 20 pounds now and while that will seem light in a few months, right now it's a bit of a strain on the old back.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Not quite. I WAS once knocked into a doozy of a concussion. But the only time I've ever passed out was not due to physical trauma, but the psychological battery of observing an operation for a grad-school medical management class. It was a breast biopsy, and I passed out cold. Came to on the floor of the hallway outside the OR. Some kind souls lifted me onto a stretcher and took my pulse and made sure I was ok. If you're going to pass out, a hospital is a good place to do it.

Bull-crap-ology

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
No, thanks.

If you could change your name, what would you pick?
Something more unique than the name I have. I like my nicknames but not my full first name. I think it may have to do with the fact that growing up, there were sometimes as many as SEVEN other girls in my class with the same first name. 

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000?
You have GOT to be kidding.

Dumb-ology

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
There are three in the active rotation currently. Favorite pair: A pair of snakeskin-ish casual flippies I got at Target. I LOVE them.

Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
Hm. Is "pulled over for speeding" the same as a "run-in"? If so, it was only about eight months ago. Got off without a ticket. Having a dad for a police officer is occasionally extremely handy.

Last person you talked to?
My father-in-law, by phone.

Last person you hugged?
Husband. He told me today, randomly, that he loves figuring out how to parent our son along with me. If that didn't deserve a hug, I don't know what does.

Favorite-ology

Season?
Fall.

Holiday?
Thanksgiving.

Day of the week?
Whatever day I get to spend with my husband and son, so usually Saturday.

Month?
Whichever one is the coldest.

Current-ology

Missing someone?
Today would have been my grampa's birthday. Definitely missing him today. 

Mood?
Sleepy/Slightly anxious.

What are you listening to?
The hum of white noise from the baby monitor, plus the sound of the laundry sloshing away in the washer. This is the soundtrack to most of my evenings. 

Watching?
My son grow up before my eyes.

Worrying about?
Oh, boy. This could take a while.  ...  1) Being the best possible parent to my amazing child. 2) Balancing being a totally devoted mommy with being the wife my husband deserves. 3) Not slacking off in other important roles like daughter, friend, sister. 4) Finding time for ME. 5) My mom's hip replacement surgery this week -- I just don't want her to be in unnecessary pain. 

Random-ology

First place you went this morning? 
To the kitchen to make boy's breakfast (one multi-grain waffle, some bites of fruit, some Cheerios, and water).

What's the last movie you saw?
In the theater? "The Dark Knight." On TV or in general? Probably "Juno." Seems like it's always on right now.

Do you smile often?
All day.

Sleeping alone tonight?
Who sleeps? When I lie down, I'll share the bed with not only husband, but after the fifth or sixth waking of the night, boy as well. 

Other-ology

Do you always answer your phone?
If I don't recognize the number, I probably won't answer.

It's four in the morning and you get a text message. Who is it?
Youngest brother, texting from college with a question about a paper. The only other person I know who'd be awake at that hour is my mother, but she doesn't text.  :)

If you could change your eye color, what would you pick?
Hm. In some lights, I really like my eye color. The brown is shot through with gold in the right slanted evening light. Most of the time, though, it's just ok. I'd probably wish for something exotic and unforgettable, like silver or grey eyes. 

What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
The only flavored drink I order there is a cherry limeade.

Do you own a digital camera?
Yup.

Have you ever had a pet fish?
Yup. It didn't end well.

Favorite Christmas song?
Sleigh Ride.

What's on your wish list for your birthday?
Nothing. I have everything I could possibly wish for.

Can you do push-ups?
If I absolutely had to.

Can you do chin-ups?
Not if my life depended on it.

Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Um, both? 

Do you have any saved texts?
Yep. 

Ever been in a car wreck?
Fender-benders, sure. (I was even in one while driving the drivers' ed car, though it wasn't my fault. Nevertheless, this did not endear me to the instructor.) I'm thankful I was never in one that required an ambulance or other emergency medical attention.

Do you have an accent?
No. But I can fake one. 

What is the last song to make you cry?
I heard Sheryl Crow sing "Sweet Child of Mine" and I realized that there's an entirely new subtext to that song for me now. Sniff.

Plans tonight?
Missed "Dancing With the Stars." DVR'd it, so will catch up later. Aside from laundry, a shower and blogging, that's it. (Don't everyone rush at once to emulate my sexy lifestyle, now.)

Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
Yes. Looking back, it really wasn't. But there have been several times in my life I thought it was.

Name three things you bought yesterday.
Thumbprint cookies, toddler shoes, and an Antone's sub sandwich.

Have you ever been given roses?
Yes. They were lovely. 

Current hate?
I really don't dig that word, "hate." I do, however, strongly dislike not being at the fitness level I'd like to be.

Met someone who changed your life?
Of course. There were teachers, high school/college friends, guys I dated, a handful of college professors (one in particular, who later served as the master of ceremonies at our renewal of vows), and husband.

How will you ring in the New Year?
In some low-key way that totally represents our new style. Like, by watching a movie with the volume low to keep from waking the baby, while we sip sparkling apple cider, and eventually we'll fall asleep before midnight, only to be awakened by our phones going off at 12 with texts from the people we love.

What song represents you?
Not the TITLE, but the SONG "The Lady is a Tramp" has always been kind of a personal anthem of mine. See, she's a "tramp" because she doesn't do things the way everyone else does. She's real and sincere and vital and fun, and that's what I hope I am to others.

Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Depends. To experience a lost era? Maybe. But to relive my own life? Never. 

Have you ever dated someone longer than a year?
You betcha. 

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
My ears are pierced, twice on the left side and three times on the right. There are earrings in all of them.

Will you be in a relationship four months from now?
"For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, until death do you part." Yeah. I'd say so.

Ever cheated on anyone?
Nope.

Would you be a pirate?
The English major in me prickles at the way this one's worded. If you're asking if I'd LIKE to be a pirate, then the answer's no. I heart indoor plumbing too much, and my fear of the ocean would probably put a cramp in my professional lifestyle. But if you're asking "would you ever find yourself as a pirate?" then the answer is, if I were a pirate, then of course I would.

What songs do you sing in the shower?
Whatever's stuck in my head. These days, lots of lullabies and children's songs. 

Ever had someone sing to you?
Yes.

When did you last cry?
Probably today.

Are you afraid of being alone?
Physically, no. I like some solo time to unwind and do my own thing. Relationship-wise, though? I'm no longer myself without my husband. So in that sense, terribly so.

Do you like to cuddle?
Yes.

Have you held hands with anyone today?
Now that boy's walking, he frequently reaches out for a little mommy-support. Yes.

Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Definitely, without a doubt, boy.

What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school?
I vividly remember running around the gymnasium to a few songs in particular. "Jump" by Van Halen. "Putting on the Ritz" by some band I can't recall. And this awful song called "Swingin'", and I can't remember who did that one either. At home, I listened to whatever my parents were listening to.

Do you believe in staying close with your ex(es)?
I used to. I no longer think it's always possible, though.

Are most of the friends in your life new or old?
New friends with old souls, and old friends with long memories.

Do you like pulpy orange juice?
GACK.

What is something your friends make fun of you for?
What don't they make fun of me for? Seriously, I have no idea. Probably how I used to look like Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years TV show.

Do you have a crush on someone/want to be in a relationship with someone?
Just one man. And I'm married to him. Though I will say (and husband knows this) that if I were offered the chance to have lunch with Hugh Jackman or Jon Bon Jovi, I would definitely make sure there was no lipstick on my teeth and that my brows were shaped. (Fanning myself now.)





1 comment:

gemmit48 said...

Not remembering John Anderson's name is reasonable, even in the light of admitting to having listened to "Swingin'," but who could forget Taco? ;-)