- Your own bed
- Your own bathroom
- Deciding for yourself when each day starts and ends
- Making quick decisions about where to go or what to eat for lunches and dinners
- Walking around in pajamas as long as you please
- Holding the remote
- Knowing for sure whether that towel in the bathroom is a new one or not
- Controlling the thermostat
- Not living out of a suitcase
- Doing laundry in machines you understand, and for which you know all the quirks
- Knowing when the milk was purchased
- Not feeling guilty about doing absolutely nothing.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Wish you were here ... or that I was there, maybe.
Things you miss about home when you're on vacation with extended family: