Saturday, June 28, 2008

Million-dollar smile

I had dinner tonight with my blogging-fool friend stillhavesandinmyshoes. We ordered sushi and had it delivered -- talk about decadence. My favorite quote of the evening: "Sushi is the answer. I don't care what the question is."

It had been ages since we saw one another, and yet stepping into her hug was like coming home. I love that about her -- she's got the most incredible heart and you can feel the love when you're in her presence. Just her million-dollar smile will warm up a room instantly.

Anyway, as we frequently do when we're together, we got to talkin'. Not just the usual "how-are-you/I'm-fine-how's-work" crap -- I mean real talking. There were tears and Kleenex involved. And she amazes me because despite the fact that she is going through some serious sh*t, she was still so engaged in what was going on with ME.

She's the definition of grace, courage, strength and faith, and I admire her immensely. (So if you're reading, crazy girl, know that you are loved. And TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.)

1 comment:

RitaJeane said...

I don't even know what to do with you. You are so wonderful to me! I love you and being in your presence like you wouldn't believe. We have said it before, but we are good for each others' souls.